• Approximately 50% of pets and their humans have a weight problem in north America and the cost to dog owners is estimated to be nearly $8 billion each year in excess food, medicine, and medical costs.
• PetsMove’s goal is to raise awareness of the pet obesity problem while providing education, information and most importantly, incentive to program participants on keeping their pets fit and healthy.
What is PetsMove.org?
PetsMove is an ongoing virtual event to encourage people to get active with their pet. Participants will be able to:
1. Visit the PetsMove.org website to learn about the program and how they can participate.
2. Enter their pet in regular sweepstakes contests.
3. Track their pet’s fitness progress using the tools on the website and collect “paws” based on their dog’s activity levels. “Paws” collected can be redeemed in the sweepstakes giveaways.
4. Learn how to create fitness programs for themselves and their pets, how to choose the right food for their pets, and receive pet health tips from our team of experts.
5. Become a part of the PetsMove Community and share your stories and triumphs with other members.
Why should pet owners join PetsMove.org? Health, time, money and prizes.
Keeping pets healthy, fit and trim is the single most important thing that a pet parent can do to extend their pet’s life and improve their quality of life.
• Goal number one is to give pet owners more TIME with their pets – a lean dog will live on average 2 years longer than an overweight dog. Pet owners can use the information learned at PetsMove to get or keep their pet fit and hopefully extend their lifespan. Who doesn’t want more time with their beloved dog?
• Goal number two is to save the pet owner MONEY – overweight dogs cost the owner hundreds if not thousands of dollars each year in extra food, medical care & prescription medication.
• Goal number three is to have fun! There will be numerous fun, healthy & useful prizes given away each month to active PetsMove members. Plus, eligible members could be selected to appear on The Pet Show with Dr. Katy Nelson, on ABC News Channel 8 in Washington DC with their fit and healthy dog and featured on our own Talent Hounds.
Who is behind PetsMove.org?
PetsMove.org was started by a group of people who truly care about pet health and are committed to helping to eliminate the pet obesity problem. The founding Board consists of:
• Steve Pelletier, CEO SlimDoggy.com, whose App helps dog owners track their pets feeding, activity levels, and weight and Editor of SlimDoggy.com a website chock full of practical articles on canine food and fitness that we love- some great tips this week.
• Dr. Katy Nelson, practicing veterinarian, radio personality, writer, animal health reporter and host of The Pet Show on Washington DC’s ABC affiliate.
• Krista Wickens, founder of Dog Tread, creator of the DogTread canine treadmill and the soon to be released virtual canine personal trainer Canine Gym.
So don’t be left behind get up and join Petsmove!
and join the Fit Dog Friday Blog Hop
Thanks for the write-up. It’s great to have the Talent Hounds on board and participating in the initiative!
Talent Hounds says
Very excited to be part of it. Such a great initiative!
Hello would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re
using? I’m looking too start my own blog inn the near future but I’m having a hard time making a decdision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask iss because your design seems different then most blkogs and I’m looking for something unique.
P.S My apokogies ffor getting off-topic but I had to ask!
angela casullo says
Thanks for the compliment Bernadine, we use WordPress for Talent Hounds.