Dog Licks Thanksgiving Recipe For You and Your Dogs
Everyone in our family loves pumpkin, especially Kilo. Plus pumpkin is packed with lots of healthy benefits and not too many calories.
I thought it would be fun to make little Dog-friendly Pumpkin Pie Pups for the whole family for Thanksgiving – gluten-free and super simple. They’re almost like soufflé or traditional pumpkin pie filling, but of course, include NO NUTMEG.
All our DOG LICKS recipes are DIY, dog-friendly, and look like dogs. Enjoy our delicious and easy pumpkin pie pups, perfect for dogs and kids this Thanksgiving. Kilo loved his. To be honest, I found mine a little bland as if I make the souffle for humans I add salt, chicken stock and onion and other flavours which I
Kilo loved his almost as much as the mutt loaf. To be honest, I found mine fine with some gravy but a little bland solo. If I make the souffle pies just for humans I usually add salt, chicken stock and onion and other flavours which I didn’t want to include here, and if I make the dessert version, I add more sugar or maple syrup and flavours. It sure looked cute though.
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree (either cook your own or use pumpkin from a can – make sure it’s pure and includes no nutmeg or onion)
- 1 egg
- Optional honey or maple syrup to taste (if you want sweet pumpkin pie – we all prefer savoury in our house)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Reb pepper
*Preheat oven to 375F
- Combine pumpkin puree and egg in a bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Fill cupcake tins (1 large and 3 small) with mixture and bake for 30 mins or until golden brown.
- Pop the largest cupcake tin onto a plate for the face.
- Using two of the smaller tins, pop the mixture out for ears.
- With the last cupcake tin, place the muzzle on the lower half of the face.
- Place two halved cherry tomatoes as eyes.
- Place two leaves of spinach as the bow tie.
- Add a piece of red pepper for the tongue and kibble as the nose.
Want More Tasty Dog-Friendly Treats? Check out our full list of DOG LICKS Recipies HERE
Share your favourite recipes and suggestions for new DOG LICKS recipes in the comments below.
SUBSCRIBE to Our Newsletter and WE’LL SEND YOU A PDF RECIPE BOOKLET with ALL 4 of our Delicious DOG LICKS THANKSGIVING RECIPES
Disclaimer: Please note that I am just having fun with these Dog Licks Recipes, making food that looks like cute pups and that my dog, my kids and I can enjoy. I am not an expert, a chef, a vet or a nutritionist, so it’s advisable to consult with your own authority when trying new foods, and also to ensure that your dog’s or your child’s diet is balanced and appropriate & includes all of the nutrients that are necessary for good health.
Leave a Reply