Christmas Cookies for Santa and Dogs
Limited ingredients, Gluten Free
Cooking with Kilo the Pug
Kilo loves cookies and so do Santa and Kilo’s friends Stanley, Rocky and Maya. He was sick of that nasty little Elf on the Shelf noting his mischief. He figured he could bake some simple easy but yummy Christmas Cookies for Santa and his friends and get on the “good list” just in time for Christmas.
He had some delicious DOGSBUTTER from DOG for DOG we had been given, and who doesn’t love peanut butter flavoured cookies. He decided to go Gluten Free just in case his human sister wanted one so we used brown rice flour. I decided not to add any sugar or salt as frankly, neither Kilo or Santa or friends need that.
- 2 cups of brown rice flour – most flour would work
- 4 tablespoons of DOGSBUTTER peanut butter from DOG for DOG (We were given a jar to try and love it, but you can use whatever brand you prefer. Add more or less for taste)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of water or until you get the right texture to make dough
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (you can add more oil or butter if you prefer a more moist rich cookie but I wanted to keep the fat down)
optional- if you want to add colour like red or green or sweetness you can blend berries or veggies and add- I used a little watermelon.
approximately 20 mins
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Blend or mix ingredients together in a large bowl – I actually just used a fork and mixed by hand.
- Roll the cookie dough out on a hard surface with hands or a roller. I like the feel.
- Cut shapes with Cookie Cutters – I found some really cute dogs, bones and hearts of different sizes at the bulk store. If you don’t have any you can just make round ones or candy cane shapes with fingers.
- Place on Parchment Paper on pan.
- Put the pan on the rack in the middle position of your oven
- Cook for 30 mins or until slightly golden and firm
- Cool then place on plate or in basket or in little plastic gift bags – so yummy Kilo could not resist. He was sure Santa and his friends didn’t need them all LOL. (You can decorate with peanut butter or a sprinkle of sugar or treats or other dog- friendly things but we decided to leave plain)